We are welcoming entries in the following media:
- Audio only works (multi-channel works are encouraged for this edition)
- Audio–Visual Works
- Interactive works
- Sound Installations & Sculptures
- Graphic Scores
- The competition is open to emerging sound artists, including students.
- Entries are welcomed from all countries of residence, nationalities and age groups.
- Entries must be new works, created after October 2018
Entries cannot have been previously exhibited, performed or submitted to other competitions
- Collaborative works will be accepted, providing all contributors are emerging artists. Collaborative works will count towards the limit of one entries per artist.
- Submissions are limited to one work per entrant.
- All entries must be submitted online via this website. Mailed or emailed materials will not be considered.
- Any links provided should be a direct link to a sound file, or embedded in a web page that is easily playable (e.g. Bandcamp, SoundCloud, Vimeo, YouTube, artist website). Please do not provide links to file downloads or transfers (e.g. Dropbox, WeTransfer).
There is no entry fee but artists are limited to submit only one work. Subsequent entries will not be considered.
Successful entrants will be notified by 20 September 2019 via email, and a list of selected artists will be published on this website as well.
Delivery of works
Artists selected for the exhibition will be asked to provide their final works for the duration of the exhibition.
Digital works should be supplied as full quality, uncompressed files by 30 September 2019.
Physical works should be delivered to IKLECTIK between 30 September – 3 October 2019.
Selected exhibitors will be contacted directly to discuss delivery arrangements.
Terms & conditions
By submitting an entry, all entrants agree to the terms & conditions of the competition.
Deadline for entries: 15 September 2019
Successful entrants notified by email: 20 September 2019
Delivery of exhibition works (digital): 30 September 2019
Delivery of exhibition works (physical): 30 September – 3 October 2019
Private View: Friday 4 October 6pm
Exhibition: 5 – 24 October 2019
Collection of exhibition works: 25 – 26 October 2019
Exhibition Hours: 11 – 6pm
Late Opening: Wednesdays 12 – 8pm
Late hour/events: Thursday – Sundays. Organised by The Engine Room in collaboration with IKLECTIK as part of the celebration events to mark IKLECTIK’s 5th anniversary.